This week's episode is part three in a three part series called “Questions That New Podcasters Ask.” For this series, I have pulled actual questions that were asked by students in my Podcasting A to Z online training course.
The questions that I address in this episode are as follows.
1. I know you said that before considering promotion, you need to have a good show to promote. What is a good set of prerequisites/criteria BEFORE promoting. Is it a matter of having a certain number of downloads per month? Getting into a “groove” with your show? A certain level of engagement, etc.? (00:03:53)
2. What is the difference with line in and mic on the roland 05? Also, with any device does it mean the same? (00:36:33)
3. Do you happen to have the greatest hits on your website for podcastanswerman? I want to listen to all 400 plus episodes, but in the meantime a top 100 would be great. (00:39:45)
4. I had an issue setting up the boom because the attachment is small. Can you address this? (00:46:36)
5. For tagging, why would we purchase ID3 Editor from pa-software for $15 when iTunes is free? Does ID3 Editor have some extra features/benefits than iTunes? (00:49:48)
6. When naming your episode, do you have advice? I ask this because I thought that search option only looks for title keywords. Any advice here would be super appreciated. (00:54:11)
7. Do you recomend that have at least three episodes, or more, before launching? (00:57:46)
Podcasting A to Z
Do you want to learn how to podcast but don't know where to start? Podcasting A to Z is a four week online training course that walks you through each step in the process of setting up a podcast. You not only get step-by-step tutorials, but you also have the ability to get answers to all your questions during the four week session.
If you have been thinking about starting a podcast, this is the course for you. Just head over to http://PodcastingAtoZ.com for full details. I look forward to potentially working with you.
Upcoming Event Schedule
One of my favorite things about traveling to, and speaking at conferences, is meeting members of my community. I always make it a point to host a community meetup wherever I travel.
Below is a list of events that you might be interested in. If you can make it to any of these events, I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you. If you are not able to attend the event, but are in that area, I'd still love for you to come to the personal community meetup that I will host in that town.
July 31 – August 2, 2015 – Ft. Worth, TX
Use promo code “GSPN” to save 10%
New Media Europe
September 12-13, 2015 – Manchester, UK
Affiliate Link: http://PodcastAnswerMan.com/europe
Free Month of Media Hosting With Libsyn!
Because of all the years of sending clients to sign up for accounts with Libsyn, they have created an affiliate program only given to a hand selected group of podcasting experts. I'm delighted that I am now able to offer your ONE MONTH FREE when you sign up for a new account with Libsyn. Simply use promo code GSPN when you sign up! For my complete thoughts on podcast hosting, click here.
Podcast Video Tutorials:
I have a growing list of video tutorials that I have created based upon the the top things my clients have hired me to help them with. See the full list of tutorials by clicking here.
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
If you have ever read my blog post about how iTunes podcast ratings work, then you know just how valuable leaving a 5 star rating and/or a written review can be to a content producer.
I am so incredibly thankful to those who have recently gone into my listing in iTunes to provide a five star rating and a written review of Podcast Answer Man.
Access My Best Podcasting Advice, Tips & Strategies. FREE!
Every Friday, I send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to podcasting. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your podcasting journey.