An Interview With Todd Uterstaedt
I’m so excited to share a recent interview that I did with Todd Uterstaedt who produces the From Founder To CEO podcast. Todd is an alumni of my Podcasting A to Z Group Coaching Program. In fact, he’s gone through the program twice. However, the reason why I’m excited to share this interview with you is due to the large number of value bombs he dropped with every single response to each question that I asked him.
In fact, I came away with pages of notes with the valuable takeaways that I think you’ll find in this episode. I’ll list a just a few of the notes that I took while listening back to the interview a second time.
– One of the reasons why Todd created his podcast was so that he could interview people that he wanted to build a relationship with.
– Todd genuinely cares about each and every guest that he invites to come on to his podcast.
– Todd makes it a point to follow up with each guest. Not just once to ask them to promote the show, but even months later to ask if there is anything that he can do to help them in their business pursuits.
– Todd does a great deal of research on each guest he brings onto the show. He’ll read and watch any previous interviews the person had one in the past so that he can best understand them and their business.
– Todd goes out of his way to make sure that he creates an episode of his podcast that can be used to advocate for the business of his guest.
– Todd provides each guest with a THREE PAGE DOCUMENT that helps them learn how to effectively market their interview in a way that will help them.
– Todd spends about five to six hours per episode. He originally wanted to do five episodes per week. However, after my advice, he decided to start with only three episodes per week. Soon, he found that too overwhelming and decided to drop to only two episodes per week.
I genuinely hope that you found this episode extremely valuable. If you decide to check out Todd’s podcast, please be sure to let him know that you heard him on Podcast Answer Man.
Podcasting A to Z
Do you want to learn how to podcast but don’t know where to start? Podcasting A to Z is a four week online training course that walks you through each step in the process of setting up a podcast. You not only get step-by-step tutorials, but you also have the ability to get answers to all your questions during the four week session.
If you have been thinking about starting a podcast, this is the course for you. Just head over to http://PodcastingAtoZ.com for full details. I look forward to potentially working with you.
Free Month of Media Hosting With Libsyn!
Because of all the years of sending clients to sign up for accounts with Libsyn, they have created an affiliate program only given to a hand selected group of podcasting experts. I’m delighted that I am now able to offer your ONE MONTH FREE when you sign up for a new account with Libsyn. Simply use promo code GSPN when you sign up! For my complete thoughts on podcast hosting, click here.
Podcast Video Tutorials:
I have a growing list of video tutorials that I have created based upon the the top things my clients have hired me to help them with. See the full list of tutorials by clicking here.
Access My Best Podcasting Advice, Tips & Strategies. FREE!
Every Friday, I send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to podcasting. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your podcasting journey.