In this week's episode, I'm delighted to share an interview that I did with Scott Stratten, president of UnMarketing. He is an expert in Viral, Social, and Authentic Marketing which he calls Un-Marketing. It’s all about positioning yourself as a trusted expert in front of your target market, so when they have the need, they choose you.
Scott is also an alumni of my Podcasting A to Z group coaching program. In the past two years, Scott has produced over 100 episodes of the UnMarketing Podcast, along with his wife Alison. I invited Scott to share what he's learned from his podcasting journey so far.
I'm certain that you'll come away from this episode with many valuable takeaways. Below, you will find a list of notes that I took while listening back to the interview for myself.
– Scott says he was seven years late to the party, but he jumped right in and took bold action with his podcast.
– Scott viewed blogging as a chore and found that, as a public speaker, a podcast was a natural fit for him to remain consistent when it comes to providing valuable, ongoing content for his community.
– Scott loves doing the podcast together with his wife Alison. It is something that they still get “giddy” about doing even two years into producing the show.
– Out of all the things that they do in their business, Scott says that podcasting is the thing that he and Alison love most.
– Scott rents a professional studio and full production crew once a month to record a month's worth of content in one day.
– Scott's production costs are just under $1,000 per episode.
– Scott shares how and why he partnered with CBS for the audio distribution rights of his podcast.
– Scott shares a lot of detail regarding his $150,000 per year podcast sponsorship.
– And much more…
Podcasting A to Z
Do you want to learn how to podcast but don't know where to start? Podcasting A to Z is a four week online training course that walks you through each step in the process of setting up a podcast. You not only get step-by-step tutorials, but you also have the ability to get answers to all your questions during the four week session.
If you have been thinking about starting a podcast, this is the course for you. Just head over to http://PodcastingAtoZ.com for full details. I look forward to potentially working with you.
Free Month of Media Hosting With Libsyn!
Because of all the years of sending clients to sign up for accounts with Libsyn, they have created an affiliate program only given to a hand selected group of podcasting experts. I'm delighted that I am now able to offer your ONE MONTH FREE when you sign up for a new account with Libsyn. Simply use promo code GSPN when you sign up! For my complete thoughts on podcast hosting, click here.
Podcast Video Tutorials:
I have a growing list of video tutorials that I have created based upon the the top things my clients have hired me to help them with. See the full list of tutorials by clicking here.
Access My Best Podcasting Advice, Tips & Strategies. FREE!
Every Friday, I send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to podcasting. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your podcasting journey.