UPDATE: On February 6th, 2014, I announced that I had shut down the Podcast Mastermind after two years. I have left this post here, to serve as an archive of how I announced this organization that I led for two years. If you would like to hear why I shut down the Podcast Mastermind, even though it generated just over $57,000 for my business in 2013, then I encourage you to listen to the full explanation in episode 344 of Podcast Answer Man.
Original Post Below:
Are you self-employed or desire to be?
Are you willing to invest in your future success?
Are you willing to commit to your personal & professional growth?
If so, please consider The Podcast Mastermind…
What Is A Mastermind?
The concept of the mastermind group was formally introduced by Napoleon Hill in his book, “Think and Grow Rich.”
In the video below, Hill defines the mastermind by saying that “A group that consists of two or more people, who work in perfect harmony for the attainment of a definite purpose.”
Please watch this video, and then I’ll highlight a few key points below.
Key points from the video above:
- The mastermind is the principle through which you may borrow and use the education, the experience, the influence and perhaps the capital of other people in carrying out your own plans in life.
- The mastermind is the principle through which you can accomplish more, in one year, than you could accomplish without it in a lifetime, if you relied entirely on your own efforts for success.
- When you form a true mastermind alliance with others, and work with them in a spirit of perfect harmony, you can draw freely upon the spiritual forces within you in carrying out your plans and desires.
- The mastermind principle can give you absolute protection against failure, provided always that your purpose, in using this principle, is beneficial to all whom you influence.
- Control your mental attitude and make yourself friendly and agreeable with everyone whom you are closely associated if you expect friendly cooperation in return.
- A negative mental attitude can bring you nothing but failure.
- Remember always, you are where you are and what you are because of your mental attitude in which you relate yourself to other people.
- Your mental attitude is the one and the only thing over which you have complete control.
- Success in the higher brackets of achievement is something that can be had only by taking others along with you.
- The best definition of success is this: “Success is the knowledge with which to get whatever you want from life without violating the rights of others and by helping others to acquire it.”
- Your only real limitation is the one you accept and set up in your own mind.
I have studied the work of Napoleon Hill for several years now with a spirit of discernment. While I don’t always agree with the “higher power” with whom Hill attributes many of the truths he teaches, I have come to experience that every statement made above is undeniably true.
One of my favorite verses from the Bible is Proverbs 15:22 that says: “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.”
Nearly every great achievement that I’ve made personally and professionally can be tied to the reality of the mastermind principle at work in my life.
Napoleon Hill said that there is no such thing as something for nothing. Everything, including your personal success, has a price that must be paid. He suggested that if you want to move forward on a path toward success, he suggested that you do three things:
1) Decide definitely where you wish to be and what you wish to be doing during the next three years.
2) Decide how much money you desire to be making and what you are going to do to earn it.
3) Involve yourself in a mastermind group.
I’ll be the first to tell you that you that you can do all of the above without any financial cost to you whatsoever. However, if you are a podcaster and you want to take your personal and professional life to a level you never dreamed possible, I encourage you to consider joining The Podcast Mastermind.
Description And Benefits of The Podcast Mastermind
Key Benefit #1 – The Mastermind Group:
The initial goal of The Podcast Mastermind is to grow to 100 podcasters, where each member has committed to being a part of a smaller mastermind group of no more than ten individuals. Each mastermind group will have two 90 minute meetings per month.
Within these mastermind groups, each individual is invested in the personal and professional growth of every member within the group!
The greatest benefits of The Podcast Mastermind include the synergy created by the accountability that comes from working on your goals in collaboration with others, the ability to use the experience and knowledge of others in your mastermind group and the invaluable feedback and support of other podcasters.
What Does This Mean To You?
– Dramatic improvements in both your personal and your professional life.
– You will have more focus and greater confidence in yourself and your abilities.
– You will have more clarity about what to do next.
– You’ll have the momentum and energy that you need to sustain you through those rough spots.
– You will experience less false starts and spend less time learning through trial and error.
– You will have a deeper understanding of how you are perceived by others.
– You will sharpen your leadership and communication skills.
– You will be giving and receiving support in a warm and friendly environment.
– You are going to achieve your goals faster than you ever thought possible.
The following are the specific goals for each of our group meetings
– To include lively discussions that will stretch each member to grow in their personal and professional life.
– To be a source of motivation and energy that helps give members the momentum to push through all the obstacles that stand in the way of them accomplishing their goals.
– To help members sharpen their leadership and communication skills.
– To be a place where members can give and receive support in a warm and friendly environment.
– To be a place where authentic conversations happen that help build genuine relationships and friendships among the members of the group.
– To have an element of accountability that will help each member achieve their goals faster than they ever thought possible.
– To become the number one meeting that each member looks forward to attending.
Key Benefit #2 – The Podcast Mastermind Success Seminars
There will be a minimum of one Podcast Mastermind Success Seminar each month. These seminars will be led by hand-picked experts who are going to share with you top tips and information that you will need to ensure your personal, professional, and podcasting success.
These seminars will be held via GoToWebinar or a telephone conference calling service depending on the guest expert and content being delivered.
Unlike the two monthly mastermind group calls, you are NOT REQUIRED to attend these Podcast Mastermind Success Seminars as they are presented live. Each of these seminars will be recorded in high quality audio for the teleseminars or in HD video for the webinar sessions.
The entire catalog of the Podcast Mastermind Success Seminars, including all Podcast Answer Man digital training products, are available as a global benefit to all members of the Podcast Mastermind.
Key Benefit #3 – The Podcast Mastermind Online Member Portal
The most important function of the exclusive Podcast Mastermind Online Member Portal is its ability to allow members to stay in touch with other members of their mastermind group between the two monthly scheduled meetings.
One of the dangers of not staying in constant contact with other podcasters is that you may find something that works for you and stick with it. This may sound great. However, this approach will ultimately cause you to fall behind the curve and miss out on amazing opportunities to grow your brand and improve your productivity and effectiveness.
Every Podcast Mastermind member will post and describe a minimum of one valuable resource that they have found each month. These resources can be anything such as a web or mobile application, a WordPress plugin, an online service, a piece of specialized software, a book, etc.
The Podcast Mastermind Online Member Portal will also be the place where members will access all the recorded content mentioned in Key Benefit #2.
Key Benefit #4 – Amazing Promotion of Your Online Efforts to Others!
Over the years, I’ve developed a rather significant and extremely loyal online community around the shows that I produce. As I get to know each individual of The Podcast Mastermind more closely, I will come to understand their goals, hopes and dreams.
There is no doubt that as I create content for my various shows, I’ll be looking for natural ways to promote the online efforts of those within The Podcast Mastermind.
Also, as I have continued interactions with others through my one-on-one consulting/coaching and other various business pursuits, I know that I’ll be confronted with those “divine appointments” where I will be able to make a connection to folks that would have never happened had I not been so closely connected to those within The Podcast Mastermind.
The best part about this is that every member of The Podcast Mastermind is also a podcaster. This means that each and every member comes with an online community of people that they influence as well. I am sure that you can understand how the close connections and synergy with the other members of The Podcast Mastermind can take the promotion of your online efforts to a whole new level.
The Podcast Mastermind Is An Exclusive Organization!
Not everyone who applies for membership in The Podcast Mastermind is accepted. We are looking for very specific characteristics in those whom we consider for membership. Please look over the list below to see if you exhibit the main qualities we are looking for.
– You are a success-minded individual with a positive mental attitude! If you consistently see the glass half empty, you need not apply.
– You are a highly motivated individual. You have dreams and a determination to see those dreams become reality.
– You have a desire to gain more focus and clarity in your life and/or your brand.
– You have a willingness to commit several hours per month to your own personal and professional self improvement.
– You have a commitment to your own personal success as well as the success of every individual in your mastermind group (up to 9 other people within your group).
– You are unwilling to settle for an “ordinary” life. You are eager to pursue a life that fulfills you on new levels.
– You are passionate about your life and the work you do.
– You acknowledge that you have fears about the uncertainty of the future, but you are committed to moving forward, in spite of your fears, to progress through the plans you have set out to achieve your goals.
– You have a willingness to operate outside of your comfort zone when the need arises.
– You have the ability to graciously receive help, advice, criticism ,support and encouragement.
– You have the ability to graciously give help, advice, criticism, support and encouragement.
– You are willing to be held accountable to the goals you set for yourself.
– You are an active listener who seeks to first understand the real issue before offering advice.
– You take responsibility for your own success, and you refuse to place blame elsewhere for any failures you encounter.
– You are willing to invest time, money, emotion, willpower and energy into taking better care of yourself and creating the life you want.
– You are willing to give as much as you receive from the Podcast Mastermind Group.
– While circumstances may change, you have a very good idea of what you wish to be doing during the next three years.
– You are willing to make a make a minimum of a one-year commitment to The Podcast Mastermind should your application be accepted.
– You are willing to commit to the required attendance of the two 90-minute monthly mastermind group calls.
Are You Ready For The Podcast Mastermind?
If you struggle with several of the statements above, you may not yet be ready for The Podcast Mastermind. There are many people who are not yet ready to pursue success in their lives.
Prior to September 2007, I was not willing to take myself seriously. It sounds crazy, but I was actually afraid that I might succeed! While it was so easy for others to see the potential within me, I struggled to understand my value and my need to become the leader that I was designed to be.
Just like Henry Ford, my wife was among the first of ten individuals within my first personal mastermind. Through their encouragement, I overcame my fear of both failure and success and left my career in insurance behind. If you have not heard my full story, I encourage you to watch the entire video found at the bottom of my ABOUT PAGE.
When I took the bold step to leave my career in insurance and pursue my calling in life, did I find immediate success? Absolutely not! I failed hard and failed often. In 2008, my first year in business for myself, I had experienced more all-consuming fear, anxiety and doubt than I’d ever experienced in my life, combined, up until that point.
I recently released THIS PODCAST EPISODE where I shared, publicly to the whole world for the first time ever, the most scathing, negative and critical piece of feedback that I had ever received in all my podcasting history. If you LISTEN TO IT, you’ll hear that it is only due to the mastermind concept that I made it through those challenging times and pushed through to where I am today.
UPDATE: On February 6th, 2014, I announced that I had shut down the Podcast Mastermind after two years. I have left this post here, to serve as an archive of how I announced this organization that I led for two years.
If you would like to hear why I shut down the Podcast Mastermind, even though it generated just over $57,000 for my business in 2013, then I encourage you to listen to the full explanation in episode 344 of Podcast Answer Man.
Access My Best Podcasting Advice, Tips & Strategies. FREE!
Every Friday, I send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to podcasting. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your podcasting journey.