411 – When Should I Start Promoting And Marketing My New Podcast? Plus Other Questions New Podcasters Ask
This week's episode is part three in a three part series called “Questions That New Podcasters Ask.” For this series, I have pulled actual questions that were asked by students in my Podcasting A to Z online training course.
The questions that I address in this episode are as follows.
1. I know you said that before considering promotion, you need to have a good show to promote. What is a good set of prerequisites/criteria BEFORE promoting. Is it a matter of having a certain number of downloads per month? Getting into a “groove” with your show? A certain level of engagement, etc.? (00:03:53)
2. What is the difference with line in and mic on the roland 05? Also, with any device does it mean the same? (00:36:33)
3. Do you happen to have the greatest hits on your website for podcastanswerman? I want to listen to all 400 plus episodes, but in the meantime a top 100 would be great. (00:39:45)
4. I had an issue setting up the boom because the attachment is small. Can you address this? (00:46:36)
5. For tagging, why would we purchase ID3 Editor from pa-software for $15 when iTunes is free? Does ID3 Editor have some extra features/benefits than iTunes? (00:49:48)
6. When naming your episode, do you have advice? I ask this because I thought that search option only looks for title keywords. Any advice here would be super appreciated. (00:54:11)
7. Do you recomend that have at least three episodes, or more, before launching? (00:57:46)