Podcast: Play in new window | Download
An Interview With Shane Whaley of Juicing Radio – 00:07:46
In this week’s episode, I am honored to feature a conversation that I had with my friend, Shane Whaley, from JuicingRadio.com. Shane is an alumni of my Podcasting A to Z Coaching Program and launched his podcast, Juicing Radio, on October 30th, 2014. Since the launch of the podcast he’s published a total of 156 episodes and has had some amazing experiences as the result of his podcasting journey.
While listening back to the conversation that I had with Shane, I took a total of two pages of notes with insights. Below are just a few things that we covered.
– Feeling socially awkward at conferences.
– Have you imagined anyone listening to your podcast while in the tub?
– The decision to add value to others from your own life experiences.
– Shane’s inspiring story of how he lost a total of 80 pounds.
– The results of Shane’s decision to make drastic lifestyle changes.
– Shane ran a blog about juicing for three years before launching a podcast.
– Why Shane emails his audience every single week day.
– Shane’s amazing logo created by Jenny Hamson.
– Impostor Syndrome.
– The mistake of immediately going after A-Listers.
– Why Shane turned away his first sponsorship opportunity.
– Shane’s decision of whether or not to pursue podcasting as a full-time career.
– Shane’s advice: Don’t chase the money!
– Shane’s advice: Let your guest talk!
– How podcasting led Shane to the Bond woman of his dreams.
One Year Update On Taking My Health To The Next Level – 00:00:58
I spent two minutes, at the open of this episode, to share an update on my focus to take my health and physical fitness to the next level. On November 14th, I celebrated the one year anniversary of my decision to drastically change my lifestyle. I’m going to keep my coverage of this topic, here in the show notes, brief as well. I’ll simply post the before and after photo below that shows how much progress I’ve made after my first full year into this journey. If you want to learn about what I’ve done and how I’ve achieved this, check out my blog post at PodcastAnswerMan.com/sixmonths.
Consistent Weekly Episodes of Podcast Answer Man Moving Forward – 00:03:03
I’ve given a great deal of thought about the consistency of this podcast lately. We’re currently in our 48th week of 2015 and this episode is the 40th episode that I’ve produced so far this year. That means that there have been a total of eight weeks where I did not publish an episode of Podcast Answer Man. Yes, I do have my reasons and excuses for this. However, I know, first hand, just how important consistency is to maintain a loyal community of folks who will make you a part of their weekly listening routines. From this point forward, I will release an episode every week, publishing the episode to the feed on Friday mornings at 5am Eastern Time.
[click to continue…]