What if my podcast is so successful that I have less time to podcast?
Andrienne Olsen recently sent me an email saying… “I have a question for you. The time management piece of this is tricky for me. The more I get the podcast and training materials up, the more clients I get, and less time for podcasting and serving. What are your thoughts on that?” I spent the first half of this episode sharing my thoughts on this.
The Inspiring Podcasting Journey of Curtis Stone
The title of this week’s episode is based on the feedback that I received from Curtis Stone who had finally decided to “just get started and see what happened” with his podcast. In April 2014, he and his daughter launched the Geekin’ On WDW podcast. I share the amazing email that Curtis sent that talk about how it took him several years to get around to launching his podcast and the amazing things that have happened as a result of his podcasting journey.
[click to continue…]
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this week’s episode, I open by sharing how not everyone was happy with my previous episode where I shared my thoughts on podcast interview etiquette. At seven and a half minutes into the episode, I give a very brief recap of my two week vacation, one week of which was spent with members from our podcasting community.
The real heart of this episode starts right at 11 minute and 36 seconds. This week, I take a break from the technical aspects of podcasting to talk a little bit about the mindset that drives us. Someone from The Podcast Mastermind started a new discussion thread that stated “This is what the Podcast Mastermind is really all about.” The only thing in the post was a link to a video.
It was several hours before I was able to watch the video myself and after I did, I agreed, this message is at the core of the vision I have for The Podcast Mastermind. What is that message? Well I go into great detail in the episode.
My favorite Quotes From This Episode
- Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way.
- If you do really like what you are doing, it doesn’t matter what it is, you can eventually become a master of it.
- The only way to become a master of something is to be be “really with it.”
- Anything you can be interested in, you can find others interested in it.
- It’s so important to answer this question. What do I desire?
Links Mentioned In This Episode
– Randy Crane – RandyC-MouseEarVacations.com
– Krista’s DisneyParksPodcast.com
– Facebook link to the video mentioned in this episode.
I want to say a quick thank you to David J Soler from the Relationship Marketing Podcast for the Podcasting A to Z testimonial that he submitted. You can actually hear this at the very end of the episode starting exactly at 01:04:41.
[click to continue…]