This vlog contains my most recent thoughts as to where I am finding value in the available social media platforms.
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THIS VIDEO: I don't know how it happened, but when I was recording this vlog, I completely forgot to mention Youtube & Instagram. The following video is a new vlog that corrects my error.
The title, posted above, really does say it all. I encourage you to listen to this episode if you would like to learn how I've completely changed the way that I am using Twitter and how I've managed to turn my experience with Facebook into the best social networking experience I've ever had.
Twitter Analytics (00:25:51)
It's been several months since we've had a social media segment with my great friend, Erik Fisher. Today, Erik joins me to discuss Twitter Analytics. This service allows you to review how many views your tweets are getting on Twitter's service and how much engagement each tweet is getting. We also briefly discuss Twitter cards and the new embeddable tweets.
Justin.TV Shuts Down Without Any Warning (00:01:35)
Earlier this week, Justin.tv shut down it's service without any sort of warning whatsoever. The service also announced that it has removed all archived content created by their users, making it impossible for them to keep their content if they didn't have local backups of the content that they streamed and stored on the Justin.tv servers. In this episode, I share several takeaways from this story.
Other New Media News In This Episode
– My Podcast Reviews now has a free option (00:14:39)
– Instapaper creator creates Overcast Podcast App (00:15:45)
– Apple buys the Swell Podcast App and shut it down (00:19:53)
– Hotel Wifi Test (00:23:29)
Video Recording of this episode
The following video is an UNEDITED version of the Behind The Scenes Recording of this episode of Podcast Answer Man. Join me for a future live broadcast of Podcast Answer Man. Click here for details.
The New New Twitter Is Getting Close
It's been a few years since Twitter had a major overhaul of their web user interface. Twitter recently rolled out a redesign of their User Profiles. The change to the new design will eventually happen for all users. However, you can click here to get the new design now. Erik Fisher and I discuss our thoughts on the new profile design in this episode.
Christina Canters' Inspirational Interview Invitations
I had to give a shout out to Christina Canters for creating what has to be the single most creative podcast interview invitation that I have seen to date.
Check out the video here:
Here's another example of her creativity in action:
Below are a list of book recommendations that I made, in this episode, as I was browsing through the books that I had on my Kindle Account.
– Necessary Endings – Dr. Henry Cloud
– A Renegade's Guide To God – Dr. David Foster
– Thou Shall Prosper – Rabbi Daniel Lapin
– Secrets of the Millionaire Mind – T. Harv Eker
– Stand And Deliver – Dale Carnegie
– The Millionaire Messenger – Brandon Burchard
– EntreLeadership – Dave Ramsey
– The Strangest Secret – Earl Nightengale
– 3 Free Sins – Steve Brown (Interview With Steve)
– Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
– Steve Jobs Biography – Walter Isaacson
– So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore – Wayne Jacobsen
– ReWork -Jason Fried
– Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
– Outwitting The Devil – by Napoleon Hill
– 4 Hour Work Week, Tim Ferriss
There are a large number of other books that I have read that have had a profound impact on my personal and professional life. However, these books, listed above, do scratch the surface of the principles that drive how I live my life and operate my business.
Other Notes From This Episode
– Shout out to Clark Gaither For Promoting Podcasting
– Podcast Answer Man Episode on Making Yourself Newsworthy
– Is it legal to use people's voice messages in your podcast?
– Blog post on Voicemail Options
– Random thoughts about my latest reading habits.
Access My Best Podcasting Advice, Tips & Strategies. FREE!
Every Friday, I send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to podcasting. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your podcasting journey.